Love it or hate it?

RT102_1Many of you may be surprised to know that I don’t subscribe to any decor magazines. Zip. Zero. Zilch.

I appreciate a good decorating mag, don’t get me wrong. But I find most of them are WAY over my head. I’m much more of a Do It Yourself or Lowe’s magazine kind of girl. But my favorite periodicals aren’t even magazines – they’re catalogs.  ;)

The day the Ballard Designs, Pottery Barn or even Crate and Barrel catalogs come in the mail is a VERY good day. I skip up the drive way, positively giddy.

Although there are times I see an item and wonder what in the heck they are thinking…then after flipping past it 20 times or so as I look for items-to-make-on-my-own-for-$200-cheaper, it starts to grow on me.

This one did that. It’s the Le Poeme Indoor/Outdoor Rug. I love the strong graphic print, but at the same time I’m not sure about the writing on the rug . (Get it? The writing on the rug? OH I’m clever.)

I keep going back and forth on this one. I think I like the larger version better, with the more neutral font:

RT102_2

I don’t know, I don’t know! What do you think?

RT102_A_RT102CHO

I think it’s one of those you’d have to see in your space. I know the French writing is part of the beauty of this rug, but I can’t help thinking I’d like it better if I knew what it said?

RT102_3I don’t know French. I know Spanish, maybe in Spanish I would like it better? Es posible. No se.  ;)

So what do you think? Love it or hate it? OK, hate may be a strong word. Strongly dislike? (By the way, I’m not buying this – I just love to hear your thoughts!)

Anyone see these beauties in the Ballard Catalog last year?:AD319_1OK, I’m gonna go ahead and say “strongly dislike” may not truly convey my thoughts on those. ;)

تعليقات